Monday, September 04, 2006

It's been a slow summer with regard to this project. However, things are picking up. The heat (at least today) is merely stifling...a little easier to work in.

I fininshed blending in the external stem. I think it looks pretty cool as a knife edge, but most builders have commented that it won't be very durable. I might round it over a little before I glass it...or I might defy conventional wisdom...haven't decided yet.



And I've removed all (almost all) the staples and started to fair the hull

And here is the external stern stem blank. I laminated it the same as the bow. I plan on taking more pictures of the process for the stern now that I sorta know how I'm going to do it. The stems end up being really strong. I was surprised how stiff they were, even after wasting most of the blank.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home