Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I have made some progress over the Christmas holiday and here are some pictures to prove it. I hope to have the hull and deck joined before I go back to work in January 2008.

Here are the hold downs for the hatch covers. I will attach the fittings I made out of FG and Carbon fiber to the hull. Then I will use bungie cords to tension down the covers.

Here are the cheek plates used to keep me centered and to attach the back band to. I also added a couple of labels. I used rice paper and wrote the model, designer and date completed. I left it vague (knowing how I work) at "2008"...It WILL get done in 2008!





Here are some shots of the installed foot braces. I checked them out and they should be good for me. I positioned one of them incorrectly so I'm pretty much at the end of travel on one side. It shouldn't be a problem unless I lend the boat to someone with longer legs than I.






I also found time to carve a Greenland style paddle. I don't have a good picture of it yet, but here is a picture of the pile of shavings that resulted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home